Nutrition Fundamentals is a new course that has been delivered by Dairy Australia's regional teams since 2018.
It gives farmers an understanding of the basic nutritional requirements of cows, how nutrition affects profitability on-farm, how best to approach purchasing of feed and feed budgeting.
The course is a two-day or three-day program (depending on the region) which may also include an optional half day on a farm to discuss practical application of the learnings.
Nutrition Fundamentals is an ideal course for people who may wish to progress to doing the Advanced Nutrition in Action program.
- understand how the rumen works and problems that may occur
- understand nutrition terminology
- understand cow requirements in relation to performance
- understand the nutrients provided by different feeds
- use tools for feed & water budgeting
Last modified: Sunday, 7 March 2021, 3:38 PM