Feeding Pastures for Profit (FPFP) helps to improve the profit of dairy farm businesses by using more home-grown pasture and efficient use of supplements.The Feeding Pastures for Profit (FPFP) program aims to provide participants with the underpinning knowledge, skills and practical tools to better manage their pastures and make two major profit driving decisions:
These are the daily decisions that generally have greatest impact on farm profit.
- How much home grown feed do I allocate to the herd to directly graze today?
- What amount of supplement do I need to offer the herd to be feeding ‘in the profit zone’?
- Develop confidence to change the rotation before feed runs out or gets away from them
- Better use the potential from nitrogen fertilisers
- Manage the spring surplus better
- Simplify pasture management instruction to workers and relief milkers.
Last modified: Saturday, 6 March 2021, 10:24 PM